Thursday, May 10, 2012

Welcome to Sunny Orchards...


Well,
I knew it would happen at some point, I just wanted to deny it.  But now, with a broken hip and a stab wound, it seems inevitable.  Rebecca has decided to get me a room at Sunny Orchards Assisted Living Center.  This is where I will rehab, and there will be doctors on call and nurses to help me with my daily routine.  Here is my new 'home': 


I don't really want to live here but I haven't much of a choice.  Some of the folks here seem nice, and I get to spend time with my old neighbor, Mrs. Benderidice.  It's been good to catch up with her.

Since they dont allow pets here, I've chosen to give Tootsie to Danny, so long as he promises to take good care of him, keep out of trouble, and visit me once a week with Tootsie in the courtyard.  Danny has kindly given me his old laptop and set me up with an email list of the family so I can stay in touch with everyone and keep blogging.  What a sweetheart.  He says he will visit me tomorrow after school.  I wish I could keep Tootsie, but giving him to Danny feels like the right thing to do.  Tootsie can keep Danny company, just as he kept me company for all those years.  He's a member of the family, just living in a different house now.

Rebecca has heeded my advice and helped Danny clean his room up after having kept tootsie in there for months.  Danny returned the favor by helping his mother do some yardwork.  Rebecca says it's difficult as a single mother, but she is beginning to realize the value of leaving work a little earlier to spend time with Danny, her only son.

And I'm here, getting better day by day, blogging and learning more computer skills.  Danny sends me pictures of him and Tootsie and shows me when he cleans his room.  I have to go for now, it's time for dinner in the cafeteria.  Tonight there will be a band playing some golden oldies and I'll play bingo with Mrs. Benderidice.  I guess that's just how it goes...

Signing off,
-Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment