Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lunch With Rebecca (revised)


Hello Readers,
Today Rebecca came over and fixed us up a wonderful lunch.  Here's a picture of delicious Tuna Club Sandwich:


We also had some potato chips and a pickle.  It was very nice of her to stop by unannounced.  It seemed like the purpose of her visit was to seek some advice from her dear old mother.  She's been quite upset as of late.  The loss of her father (my husband) has been difficult for all of us in the family and Rebecca is struggling to cope. Stress is mounting at work and she's been staying late most days.   

Rebecca says that Danny has been nearly entirely reclusive.  If hes not out with his friends, he's locked up in his room blaring rap music.  She mentioned that there's also a terrible smell coming from his side of the house. However, he refuses to let her in to his bedroom.  After she and her husband divorced, Rebecca has been keeping busy taking care of Danny and maintaining a house.  Oh, that child can sure be a burden.

I did my best to console her, we all miss Howard.  Still, he lived a long and happy life.  I told her he wouldn't want us fretting like we are, he would want us all to get together as a family and take care of one another.

I tried, but I felt like I just couldn't get through to her today.  Oh well...Any advice?

-Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment