Thursday, May 10, 2012

My "trip" to the park

Well, I'm not quit sure where to start.  I guess I'll start from the beginning...

I went to the bank, withdrew the $400 dollars and had that wad of cash in my left pocket, pocket knife in the other.  I was teeming with excitement as I pulled into the parking lot, I practically jumped out of my car and was nearly running toward the bench to wait for the mysterious person I was meeting.  My high hopes instantly came crashing down to the earth with my body as I tripped over a root and fell into an excruciating pit of despair as my husband's pocket knife lodged itself deeply in my thigh and my hip shattered on a jagged rock.  Oh I haven't felt such pain since my husband passed and Tootsie vanished, except this time I was faced with more painful circumstances: I may never find Tootsie, and there I lay, unable to move or call for help, choking down the fact that Rebecca would use this incident against me in her argument for locking me up in an assisted living facility.  Life has never looked darker.

Then out of nowhere, a beam of sunshine illuminated my Tootsie, running full speed towards me.  Oh what a sight! He was followed by..... Danny, running to my aid.  Oh I was surprised to see that boy, confused too.  Danny broke down began to cry while kneeling next to me.  "Grandma! Are you alright? What happened? Oh God, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry." He wailed as he hugged me.  "I had tootsie the whole time! I'm sorry I just needed a friend and now...now you're hurt and you're bleeding!"

He ran to his car and lifted me in the passengers seat and rushed me to the hospital. Tootsie was on the floor laying on my feet.  This was the first time I was glad he had such a fast car...I was wailing in pain, bleeding all over his upholstery and he confessed everything to me on that ride.  How he had stolen Tootsie in hopes for attention from his mother or myself, how he kept tootsie caged in his room and lived with the smell of his feces, how he felt lost ever since his father left and his grandfather died, how he needed $400 to get himself out of a drug deal gone wrong, how his mother neve spends time with him, how deeply sorry he was because he felt that the pocket knife in my thigh was his fault.

When we arrived at the hospital he ran in and nurses came out with a stretcher to bring me into the emergency room.  They put me under sedation, and here I sit, with my ass hanging out of this gown, my leg in a cast, hooked up to an IV.  Rebecca is coming to visit this evening after work and I'm just dreading that conversation.  Danny left me his laptop, so I could still blog and he could Gchat with me.

Danny asked me not to tell his mother what he told me, but I have to.  I was wrong about that boy, I'm ashamed to say that Rebecca has not been doing her job as a mother and needs to rethink her priorities.

I did give Danny the $400 and told him never to do drugs again...we'll see how that goes, but I won't tell his mother about that bit.  He took Tootsie home to care for him while I'm in the hospital, I gave him an extra $50 to buy him some proper dog food and a leash so he could walk him.

Well.. I'm feeling tired after such an eventful afternoon and I need my rest before Rebecca arrives.

Until next time...
-Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment