Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Orchids

Hello,


So I've been doing a lot of gardening since my husband passed (Bless his soul) it helps keep me busy in the day time and keep my mind off things.  I've been growing Orchids, Begonias, and Anthuriums and they are just looking beautiful if I do say so myself.  Danny is over the house right now, stacking some of the wood the neighbor brought over for the wood stove.  He's such a good boy although he can be a bit of a wiseacre at times.  I'm waiting for him to come in to help me download a picture of my flowers into this blog post.


In other news, I've been feeling a bit lonely lately and think I ought to join a book club or something to keep my social life alive... Ohh I remember when I was young and would go dancing every Saturday evening with the young gentlemen returning from the war.  I could never dance like that now that I've got a bad hip...

Oh! Here is Danny to help me download the photograph!  I can't wait to show you all!


Aren't they just beautiful!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and I are both a bit lonely... Good luck with your book club something like that although not my style sounds great to me right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beatrice! I'd love to do lunch with you sometime! The next few days will be busy for me... I've been working with The Mohel so Micheal can be sliced and diced (hehe). Anyways, what area do you live in? I live in Highland Park, Illinois. And I know the perfect deli that will serve us up some nice hot corned beef on rye and they make chopped liver that is to die for! Oy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs. Gallowitz,

      I live in near Cedar Lake, Indiana. It's a bit of a drive, but please let me know when you're available and I would surely still like to drive up for lunch. I love corned beef! however, I may pass on the chopped liver.

      -Bea

      Delete