Monday, April 23, 2012

Lunch with my daughter

Well Rebecca came over and fixed me a wonderful lunch.  Here's a picture of my Tuna Club Sandwhich:


We also had some potato chips.  It was very nice of her to stop by, and it seemed like she was seeking some nurture from her dear old mother.  She has been quite upset as of late.  The loss of her father, my husband, has been difficult for all of us in the family and Rebecca is struggling to cope.  Stress is mounting at work and Danny has been nearly entirely reclusive.  If hes not out with his friends, he keeps himself locked up in his room blaring rap music she tells me.  She mentioned that there's also a terrbile smell coming from his side of the house but he refuses to let her in to his bedroom.  After she and her husband divorced Rebecca has been keeping busy taking care of Danny and maintaining a house.  Oh that child can sure be a burden.

I did my best to console her, we all miss Howard, yet he lived a long life.  I told her he wouldn't want us fretting like we are, he would want us all to get together as a family and take care of one another.

I tried but I felt like I just couldn't get through to her today.  Oh well.  Any advice?

-Bea

3 comments:

  1. Bea-

    I lost my dad to old age about four months ago. I know how hard it can be to move past that sadness- especially the sub sadness you feel when family members are also struggling to cope with the loss, as well.

    Remain as positive and mindful as it seems you are. Your good attitude is infectious, and I bet your daughter and her son appreciate hearing the good things you have to say, even if they don't show it.

    As for the smell coming from Danny's room.. maybe he's burning acorns on his light bulbs. I know I used to do that. My mom was pissed- mostly because of the rancid smell it produced.

    Just a thought. Good luck, Bea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bea-

    Describe the smell coming from his room. Does it smell like a skunk? If so it could be this plant called marijuana.

    Keep your head up, everything will work out.By the way, I happened to noticed the tuna club does not contain any tuna. Maybe you got it confused with a turkey club? You may be losing your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I don't care what that sandwich is, that looks mad good. And if hes blaring rap growing pot or smokin pot or what ever, Don't sweat it too bad Bea, I mean look at me I did all that and I turned out just fine. He just wants some space, maybe some independence. When music hits u feel no pain, it could just be a coping method. I send my condolences, I know losing loved ones is hard, I myself never met my father, but that isn't the same as knowing, loving, and losing. Peace all, take care, seems like Rebeccas a good cook, so you'll be all right.

    ReplyDelete